top of page
KRYSTOL INTERNAL MEMBRANE (KIM)
Krystol Internal Membrane or KIM is the world’s first integral
crystalline concrete waterproofing admixture. KIM turns your
concrete mass into a waterproof barrier. KIM is used in place
of externally applied surface membranes to protect against
moisture transmission, chemical attack and the corrosion of
• Lowers the cost of waterproofing by as much as 40%
• Helps to shave weeks off of construction schedules
• Reduces the cost of maintenance and repairs
• Permeability Reducing Admixture for Hydrostatic
Conditions (PRAH) per ACI 212.3R-10 Chapter 15
• Increases reliability and quality control
• Increases revenues with a larger building footprint
• Safe for contact with potable water and Certified by NSF to
NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Drinking Water System
Components – Health Effects
• Available in 5 kg & 25 kg resealable pails or custom sized
mixer-ready bags for your mix design.
HOW KIM WORKS
When combined with water KIM’s proprietary chemicals react to
form millions of needle-like crystals. These crystals grow and fill
the capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete, blocking
the flow of water. As time passes and stresses form new
cracks, any incoming moisture causes the crystals to reactivate
ensuring continuous waterproofing over the years.
KIM is recommended for all concrete that will be subject to
water pressure and can be used in pre-cast, cast-in-place and
• Below grade parking
• Sewage plants
• Swimming pools
• Foundation walls
• Water containment tanks
• Save time and money by
eliminating the waterproofing
sub-trade on your next project.
• Protects from water getting in
or out of your structure.
• Extends the life of your structure.
• Backfill sooner (no need to wait for external membranes
to be applied).
• Safe for potable water and ideal for pools and
THE MOST EFFECTIVE CONCRETE
IN THE WORLD
• Proven Krystol technology, that ensures waterproofing for the life of the structure.
• Well-defined, step-by-step installation process that ensures success.
• 24/7 field-level support that provides answers and guidance wherever and whenever you need them.
• Independently accredited proof of performance. Kryton works with industry, academic, and governmental bodies around the world to develop certification standards and testing methodologies.
• Assurance from the leading warranty in the industry.
CANADIAN WATERPROFING SYSTEMS
WATERPROOFING & ROOFING CONTRACTOR
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL ROOFING AND SIDING
FOUNDATION & BASEMENT REPAIR
bottom of page